Tuesday, 16 March 2010
The Pilot
Hey, this is my first ever post for my first ever blog, pretty exciting! Not really sure what to say but I guess I could cover a film which everyones been talking about and has only just last week left Britains No.1 box office spot after almost 3 months. I'd like to say first and formost, Avatar gets on my nerves! Less so since it didn't win the Oscar or the Bafta for Best Picture (woop woop) which I'm overjoyed about. I don't really see why it should win just because James Cameron has used a giant budget. I'm happy to admit of course, the visuals are pretty good and I didn't even see it in 3D so I hate to think how good they are with those stupid plastic glasses on (which by the way I think are a bit of a con but undoubtedly worked in Avatar from the way everyone goes on about it). However, a film needs more than good visual effects; it needs an original plot, some gripping dialogue, an un-cliched ending, and absolutely under no circumstances blue aliens who dress like Native Americans!!! Camerons other big hit Titanic, which is the sedond largest grossing movie in the world after Avatar achieves a lot more. It actually tugs at the heart strings whereas Avatar with its inexistent blue aliens running away from an inexistent army on an inexistent planet certainly does not. Ok so theres my first rant, expect much more to come. I'm working on my top 10 and bottom 10 films of all time which I'm sure will spark an enourmous amount of controversy and debate, as I expect, this post will too. I'm sorry, I know I'm in the minority but 2 hours and 45 minutes is just too long when you've got that much blue flashing across the screen!!! Peace out, Aidan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment